Below is a summary of our Purpose, Mission and Vision as a denomination.
Westminster Presbyterian Church exists to glorify God in congregations of his Church where the restored relationship between God and his people is being realised as a new community which anticipates God’s ultimate kingdom.
Through the establishment of vital, relevant Reformed and Presbyterian churches we seek to bring people to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and assist them to spiritual maturity.
We believe God has called us to focus especially on Australasia and South-East Asia in a manner which is sensitive to the ambient culture.
We recognise our responsibility to…
- our God – to love and serve him;
- our church people – to provide the means and the context in which they can know Jesus and follow him;
- our leaders – to recognise and receive their ministry, train and, where necessary, adequately compensate them;
- our world – to demonstrate God’s love by proclaiming the gospel, living with integrity, seeking justice, and showing mercy.
Our vision is to place a vital, relevant, reformed and presbyterian church within reach of every urban Australian and to encourage such churches throughout the world.
To do this we will commit ourselves to
- continuing a method of careful and effective church planting which results in viable congregations
- major on evangelism as the means of growth in new and established congregations
- training and developing leadership for the future